Friday, 30 May 2008

Mixtapes

Mixtapes are amazing. I love them. I make them all the time. There is nothing like a good mixtape. I've taken part in a number of mixtape exchanges on a variety of message boards (but mostly on the Radiohead forum, Mortigi Tempo). The first exchange I did on there was quite historical. The mixtape I recieved featured The Moon by The Microphones - It got me hooked on both making mixtapes and listening to The Microphones. Not bad going, really.

I have quite a reputation now, of making mixtapes. I do them quite often for whoever asks for one. I even make oragami CD cases for them! But it makes me sad that they just get couped up on my computer and only given to one person. So this is a first in a series of uploads. I'm going to start posting any random mixtapes I make here. They shall be called my Pick'n'Mixx Tapes. They will all run for an hour, give or take a few minutes, and have about 12 tracks.
Enjoy!


Tim & Eric - I Sit Down When I Pee
Avey Tare & Panda Bear - Chocolate Girl
Aphex Twin - Lornaderek
Sonic Youth - Schizophrenia
Thom Yorke - Harrowdown Hill
The Books - An Owl With Knees
Andrew Liles & Jean-Herve Peron - Sit Down & Shut Up
Paul Baribeau - Falling in Love with your Best Friend
Portishead - The Rip
Atlas Sound - Children's Hospital (Screaming in the Face of Death #2)
Pink Floyd - Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
Animal Collective - People

Download 'PICK'N'MIXX TAPE 1' here.

Also, as a bonus to commemorate this joyous first mixtape post, I have upped a mixtape made by famous hands. A few months ago when I ordered Mount Eerie's No Flashlight from P.W. Elverum & Sun Ltd. I recieved a mixtape from Phil along with my order. I have no idea what any of the tracks are but there's a lot on there. 20 tracks, starting with a skit starring Jason Anderson as a magician and leading onto a variety of classical, country and world music - just to name a few.

If anyone can identify any of the tracks, I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments: