Thursday, 29 May 2008

Aleatoric Loneliness II / Tintinnabulation

I listened to my Aleatoric Loneliness EP this evening. It still astounds me how well it came out, but I knew it could be improved upon. So, this evening, I revisited it. A friend of mine, Jordan van Beam, gave me a copy of the music mixing software Reaper and so I have used that to remix my own EP. I have not simply remixed it so it is the same old EP that 'sounds better'; I have torn the EP apart and edited it down into one seamless track. I will use this track on a future release, but if you are intersted you can download it at the bottom of the page as usual. I've had a bit of bother with the track - it is a 115Mb WAV file. My converter just won't compress it down to 320kbps MP3 for me. I'll no doubt come back to this blog entry once I've figured out how to compress it and update it with a secondary link. But for now, this will do.

This is my first "single".

For the time being, it will be cover-less. The other day, I photographed some bells in the bottom of my bath for an album cover for Jordan van Beam. If he doesn't use that album cover, i shall use it for myself / for this single. This will mean a title change, but I think that the title below fits as well. But like I said, this is Jordan's idea. I will only use it if he chooses to scrap that album name.


No comments: